Wanna know something I DON’T want to find on my stairs?
A bar of soap.
Let me be more specific… a bar of soap covered in bite marks.
I especially don’t want to see THREE bars of half-eaten soap.
But alas… that’s what I found. Before you judge me, I don’t make it a habit to feed my kids Dial, but ya know… Things happen.
I also don’t like to see a golf ball-sized spider crawling around my garage, but that little fella helped inspire this post, so… thanks, I guess?
These marshmallow pops were so fun to make! A little nugget of wisdom for ya… Marshmallow pops are much easier to make than cake pops, and they taste a whole lot better too!
For these spider pops, you’ll need some marshmallows, lollipop sticks*, candy melts*, sprinkles, black licorice laces*, and an edible food pen*. The licorice laces can be a little tricky to find. Some Walmarts have them, but I had to go to a specialty candy store for mine. You can also purchase them online, using the link above.
I love how they turned out – creepy, yet cute!
- 8 Marshmallows
- 10 oz bag black candy melts
- Black sugar sprinkles
- Small, white pearl sprinkles
- Black licorice laces, cut into 4" pieces
- Black food safe marker
- 8 6" Lollipop sticks
- 1 Block of styrofoam
- Melt candy melts according to package directions. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, and push it into the center of a marshmallow, not quite all the way through. Repeat with all the sticks and marshmallows, and let dry for 5 minutes.
- Pour black sugar sprinkles on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Reheat candy melts (if needed) and dip 1 marshmallow pop, submerging the entire marshmallow. Shake off excess chocolate by holding the pop over the bowl, and tapping the stick against the rim.
- Place 8 pearl sprinkles on the "face" of the spider, and gently press them in, just enough to secure them.
- Roll the marshmallow around in the black sprinkles, covering the sides and top. Set the marshmallow pop in the sprinkles (on its top) and drape licorice laces across the bottom (which is now facing up). Put 2 laces on each side of the stick.
- Using your finger, rub a little extra melted candy melts on the legs, where they attach to the marshmallow. Sprinkle the entire bottom of the pop with black sugar sprinkles.
- Hold pop upside down for a couple of minutes to let the legs set, then stick in the styrofoam to finish drying.
- When dry, use food safe marker to draw black dots on all of the eyes.
You may also enjoy…
*This post includes affiliate links, which are marked by an asterisk (*). Thanks so much for supporting TCMB!