“Peanut butter cups, again?” you might ask.
YES. Absolutely. Always peanut butter cups.
If you liked my recipe for Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes, you’re gonna love these! These Rice Krispies treats are super yummy, and so easy to make. Plain ole Rice Krispies treats are good… but these? These are fantastic. Honestly though, I can’t take the credit. I owe it all to Reese’s. (Did you hear that, Reese’s? I should totally be your spokesperson).
This recipe is for a half batch of treats, and all you need to add to the regular ingredients (butter, marshmallowy and cereal) is one 8 oz package of Reese’s minis. These things are the bomb (seriously Reese’s… Why am I not getting paid to say these things?).
After melting the butter and marshmallows, just stir in the cereal. Once it’s all coated in marshmallowy goodness, add 1/2 cup chopped Reese’s and stir those in. Once you press it all in the pan, top it with the rest of the Reese’s and stick it in the oven to melt the Reese’s. Spread the melted candy evenly, let it harden, and you’ve got yourself a heavenly little snack.
The peanut butter and chocolate layer on top makes the treats more moist than the regular version (which can end up being a little dry). Plus, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter?? No friend of mine, that’s who.
- 1½ Tbs butter
- 2 Cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 8 oz Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan, and set aside.
- Measure out a heaping ½ cup of Reese's minis, and cut them in half. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Stir in marshmallows and heat until melted.
- Add in Rice Krispies cereal, and stir until cereal is evenly coated. Stir in mini Reese's (the ones you cut in half!) and press into greased pan.
- Take the rest of the Reese's minis (about 1¼ cups) and arrange on top of Rice Krispies treats.
- Turn broiler on LOW, and place rack about 6 inches from top of the oven. Place the pan into the oven for 30 seconds, and remove.
- Use a spatula to spread melted Reese's across the top, and place in fridge until chocolate is hardened.
- Remove from fridge about 5 minutes prior to serving, and cut into squares.