Oh, how I love Halloween! I’ve been having so much fun putting this little party together. Brownie trifle, OREO pops, Fanta punch, witch pumpkins, spooky banners… It’s all so exciting! My kids especially loved helping me with this one. Owen was a little too helpful, and wanted to be involved in every little thing. Let’s just say, there was just as much candy on the floor as there was on the table by the time I had everything done. He certainly had a good time, though!
With how much that boy loves chocolate, I think Halloween is already his favorite holiday. And the yummy recipes we made for this party got 2 chubby little thumbs up from him 🙂
I made the OREO pops similarly to how I would do marshmallow pops, and they are actually much easier than they look! The key is to secure the sticks before you start dipping, otherwise the OREOS will just fall off.
To do that, you open up the OREO and press in the stick all the way to the cookie. Dip the stick in the candy melts and put it in the indent you just made. Press the other half of the cookie back on, and stick them in the freezer for a bit. As long as you make sure the candy melts are touching both sides of the cookie from the inside, they will stay on really well.
- Black, white, and purple candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy eyes
- Pull-and-peel black licorice
- Pearl sprinkles
- Food safe marker
- Gently open up OREOS and press the stick into the filling, all the way to the cookie. Remove the stick, dip it into melted candy melts, and put it back in the OREO. Press the other half of the cookie back on, and stick pops in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove pops from freezer and dip into melted candy melts. Gently shake off excess chocolate, and set onto plastic wrap.
- If adding facial features or legs, do that now, before the chocolate hardens. Cut black licorice into strips for legs/mouths. For eyes, use either the candy eyes, or pearl sprinkles. Draw a pupil onto the pearl sprinkles with the black marker.
- For the mummy pops, drizzle white candy melts over the pops.
- For the vampire fangs, squirt a dot of white chocolate on, and gently pull away, to create a triangle shape.
- Let harden, and serve!
OREO has these new little packs that glow in the dark, which is perfect for Halloween! I created a little printable to attach to them, to make them even more fun to hand out to trick-or-treaters, or to display at a Halloween party. They each have 2 cookies in them, so they make a great party favor.
Just print out the labels HERE, cut them out, fold them in half over the edge of the wrappers, and staple them on. So simple!
For the trifle dish, all I did was layer crumbled brownie, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. I topped it off with crushed OREOS and gummy worms, and some “tombstones” made of cookies with ‘RIP’ written on them. So simple, and SO good! It’s based off of a recipe I’ve been making for years, but I’m not sure where it came from 🙂
The punch couldn’t be more simple – all it takes is:
- Lemon-lime soda
- Lime flavored sherbet
Mix the Fanta and lemon-lime soda at a half-and-half ratio. Top it off with a few scoops of sherbet, and it creates a yummy frothy layer on top.
One of my favorite parts of this party setup was the witch pumpkin 🙂 It was so easy to put together, and it was no-carve, so it’ll last a lot longer!
Here’s what you need:
- Large pumpkin with a good stem
- Black and white felt
- Green paint
- Witch hat
- Hot glue gun
- Paint your pumpkin green (including the stem!) and let it dry. It might take 2 coats.
- Cut out eyes, eyebrows, a mouth, mole, and teeth out of the felt.
- Hot glue your eyes together (small black circle onto a large white circle) and the teeth onto the mouth. Set your pumpkin on it’s side, and glue on the face, using the stem as the nose.
- Cut strips of raffia to desired length for hair, and hot glue them to the top of the pumpkin.
- Let everything cool, and top it with a witch hat!
And there you have it, a fun little setup for an awesome Halloween party. Head over HERE for more spooky snacks and Walmart-exclusive recipes using OREO and Fanta! The host of Recipe Rehab (on CBS), Evette Rios, made some awesome recipes that will be featured there, so be sure to check it out!
You can find Fanta and the new OREO packs at Walmart, as well as most of the decorations I used on my table. The Fanta is in the soda aisle, and the OREOS are in the seasonal Halloween section.
You may also enjoy…