Let me be frank. I have a little, teensy, tiny obsession with marshmallow pops. They are just so cute and fun to make! I knew the spider pops weren’t enough… It just wasn’t out of my system yet.
So, with the help of my little monkeys, I went to work and came up with these witch pops!
I wouldn’t say it’s completely out of my system yet, but we have plenty of time to make these again before Halloween 🙂
They’re pretty simple – the hats are made of Bugles and cookies…
As if they aren’t cute enough, throw ’em in a pic with Sophie, and it’s almost too much to handle 🙂
- 8 Marshmallows
- 12 oz bag vibrant green candy melts
- 10 oz bag black candy melts
- 8 Bugles
- 8 Round, flat chocolate cookies
- 6' Black licorice laces
- 16 Candy eyeballs
- Small, black confetti sprinkles
- 8 6" Lollipop sticks
- 1 Block of styrofoam
- Melt black candy melts according to package directions. Adhere 1 bugle to the center of each cookie, using melted chocolate as "glue" and let dry.
- Coat each "hat" in black candy melts, using your finger to smooth the chocolate and wipe off excess. Set aside to dry.
- Cut licorice laces into pieces - 48 pieces for the hair (approx 1½ inches long) and 8 pieces for the mouths (approx ½ inch long).
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, and push it into the center of a marshmallow, not quite all the way through. Repeat with all the sticks and marshmallows, and let dry 5 minutes.
- Reheat green candy melts (if needed) and dip 1 marshmallow pop, submerging the entire marshmallow. Shake off excess chocolate by holding the pop over the bowl, and tapping the stick against the rim.
- Place a hat on the top of the marshmallow.
- Gently place 2 eyes, 1 mouth (small licorice laces), and 1 wart (confetti sprinkles) on the face of each witch.
- Place 3 strands of hair (large licorice laces) on each side of the head, attaching them at the base of the hat.
- Stick marshmallow pop in styrofoam to dry, and repeat with all other marshmallows.
You may also enjoy…
*This post includes affiliate links, which are marked by an asterisk (*). Thanks so much for supporting TCMB!