These deliiiiiicious cupcakes are in honor of The Rustic Willow‘s 1 year blogiversary! Hooray! A few other bloggers and I are celebrating with yummy cake/cupcake recipes, and a fabulous giveaway. Scroll to the bottom of this post to enter!
For these cupcakes, you have 2 options – you can make regular chocolate cupcakes with no filling, or you can bake a Reese’s peanut butter cup inside. This all depends on how big your sweet tooth is 🙂 I prefer them without the Reese’s cup inside, but my husband claims that with the Reese’s, they are the absolute perfect cupcakes. He thinks I’m crazy for thinking otherwise! So you can choose what you want to do, or try both ways and see which one you like better!
The cupcakes are topped with a homemade peanut butter frosting, and chocolate and peanut butter drizzles. And because stopping there would just be ridiculous, they are also topped with a mini peanut butter cup 🙂
Not only are these cupcakes a little slice of heaven for your tastebuds, they are also pretty darn fancy looking, without too much effort! Win-win, my friends.
- Chocolate cake mix (and accompanying ingredients)
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 Sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 7 Tbs heavy cream, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs butter
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cup unwrapped minis
- Make cake batter as directed, and preheat oven to designated temperature.
- Prepare muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray, or inserting 24 cupcake liners.
- Pour a layer of batter in the bottom of each liner and top with a Reese's peanut butter cup. Top with more batter, until liner is about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake as directed, and cool completely.
- To make frosting, cream together 1 cup butter and 1 cup of peanut butter in a stand mixer, until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. When thoroughly mixed, add in vanilla and heavy cream. Add the cream 1 Tbs at a time, and stop when frosting has reached proper consistency.
- Put frosting in a piping bag with a large tip, or a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off, and frost the cupcakes.
- To create chocolate drizzle, heat 1 Tbs butter and 4 Tbs heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Drizzle chocolate sauce over cupcakes.
- Place remaining ⅓ cup peanut butter in a small bowl, and microwave 30 seconds at a time, until melted. Drizzle over cupcakes.
- Garnish each cupcake with a Reese's mini, and enjoy!
And now it’s time for our awesome giveaway!
So happy to be celebrating with Cat from The Rustic Willow! There are 10 incredible bloggers involved in this giveaway and I wanted to take a second to introduce them to you:
Cat @ The Rustic Willow
Christy @ The Girl Who Ate Everything
Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal
Jen @ Carlsbad Cravings
Melani @ My Homemade Heaven
Alexandra @ Bright Eyed Baker
Sharon @ What the Fork
Alli @ Taking Care of Monkey Business
Leia @ Eat It and Say Yum
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Cat’s blog, The Rustic Willow, is turning one and I’m so happy to celebrate her blogiversary with all of these great bloggers! When you’re done entering the giveaway below, make sure to stop by each of their blogs to check out their delicious dessert recipes for today. Believe me, you don’t want to miss them.
We have a bunch of amazing prizes for one incredibly lucky winner today. We’re giving away $380 in food and kitchen goodies! Here are our awesome prizes:
Pawprint Cookie Cutter
JEWELS AND METALS | Etsy,
Custom Cutting Board
WALNUT GROVE BOARD CO | Etsy
Medium Stoneware Clay Utensil Holder (In glaze color of your choice)
VITRIFIED STUDIO | Etsy
Kitchen Stand in color of your choice
THEKITCHENSTAND | Site
A huge thanks goes out to the sponsors, all of the Etsy shops & blogs listed above, for making this giveaway possible. I’m so excited that one lucky winner gets to win all of these things. Somebody pinch me!
To enter the Ultimate Foodie Giveaway, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below! Good luck 🙂