The start of a new school year is such a fun time for kids, but it can also be pretty scary and daunting. New classes, teachers, schools, buses, schedules… It can be a lot to handle! So here are some fun ways to make back-to-school time something they look forward to.
Having traditions in place gives your kids more stability, and something fun that they can rely on. So try some of these out – your kids will love them!
1. Send your kids on a scavenger hunt to find their school supplies!
4. Have a craft night where your kids get to put together decorations for their lockers! Cut out fun pictures, make a framed mirror, create a little sign with their name on it, etc.
6. Take each of your kids on a “date” before school starts. Now’s the perfect time, before schedules get too hectic!
8. Take your kids to the bookstore and let them pick out a brand new book!
9. Use these signs to create a cute first-day-of-school photo each year! Free printable found here.
17. Make a special breakfast on the first day of school. Make it a big feast with all of their favorite foods, or let them choose the menu!
18. Print out these little notes to stick into your kids’ lunches!