In our house, there are a few ongoing battles that Jonny and I simply can’t agree on. Toilet paper roll: over or under? Dishwasher: loading the silverware right-side-up or upside-down? Toothpaste: squeeze from the middle or the end? And, possibly most important of all, peanut butter: creamy or crunchy? I’m a creamy kinda’ gal, and Jonny is crunchy through and through. Naturally, we end up with creamy because I’m the one that does the shopping. 🙂
You’d think a simple solution would be to buy both, but for whatever reason, we (read: I) just don’t! So Jonny is pretty happy about our new discovery: Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter. It’s a cross between creamy and crunchy, and therefore, the best of both worlds. I, being a creamy fan with all my heart, wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but it was pretty fantastic. It’s textured, so you get some little chunks, but they’re small enough so the peanut butter still spreads smoothly. It also has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, which is a huge bonus. And it doesn’t need mixing!
So overall, we definitely thought it was a winner. Looks the battle between crunchy and creamy is officially over! (If only we could say the same for the toilet paper…)
I decided to create a recipe with our new peanut buttery friend, and these truffle pops sure hit the spot. The texture of the peanut butter made for a delicious little truffle, and we all loved them. Especially the kids, who tried sneaking seconds all. day. long.
This recipe is pretty simple to put together, and only has 5 ingredients! Start off by mixing up the truffles and rolling them into balls. I made 12 from this batch, and each one was just over an inch in diameter.
Chill the truffles in the fridge, stick in some lollipop sticks, and put them in the freezer. You definitely can’t skip that step! If the pops aren’t frozen (or mostly frozen), they’ll just fall off of the sticks when you try and dip them. Trust me… I would know 🙂
Another way to prevent them from falling off is to thin out the chocolate a bit. I added some coconut oil to mine, but shortening would do the trick as well.
Once the pops are dipped, go ahead and drizzle on some melted peanut butter. I used creamy peanut butter for this part, just so it looked nice and smooth.
If you don’t feel like being fancy, you could leave the peanut butter drizzles off. Heck, you don’t even have to put these on sticks if you don’t want to! You could dip the balls in chocolate and lay them on some wax paper. We like things fancy around here (ha!) so we opted for the sticks. Plus, they’re more fun to eat that way 🙂
With a treat this good, you’ll definitely want to share the love. So I created a fun little printable to go along with the pops!
All you have to do is:
- Print off the notes HERE.
- Cut them out and punch a hole in the corner.
- Place the pops in a small cellophane treat bag (you can find them at Walmart).
- Loop a piece of ribbon through the hole in the note, and tie it onto the stick, closing up the bag.
And that’s it! Trust me, your friends and neighbors will love you 🙂
- 1 cup Peter Pan Simply Ground peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Mix together the Simply Ground peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter, until blended.
- Form into 12 balls, a little bigger than 1 inch.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour, or until chilled.
- Once the balls are chilled and a little firm, remove them from the fridge. Roll them into balls again, if they've lost their shape.
- Slide a popsicle stick into each truffle, about ⅔ of the way through, and put the sticks in a block of styrofoam to hold them upright.
- Put the pops in the freezer for an hour or two, or until mostly frozen.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, until melted. Stir in coconut oil to thin the chocolate out a bit.
- Remove pops from freezer and dip each one into the chocolate, and place back onto the styrofoam.
- Melt the creamy peanut butter until runny, and drizzle over the top of the pops.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
You can find the new Simply Ground peanut butter at Walmart, in the condiment aisle. There’s also a Honey Roast flavor as well! And be sure to check out other yummy recipe ideas using this peanut butter!