Guess what? I’m back with another pumpkin recipe. Trust me, I’m just as surprised as you! But after how much I loved the pumpkin banana bread, I had to try again!
This time, I went for something sweeter – a pudding parfait, with layers of pumpkin spice pudding and a cream cheese mixture. Because in my humble opinion, if you can’t add chocolate to something, cream cheese is always the next best option. While I wasn’t a huge fan of the pumpkin spice pudding all by itself (I’m anti-pumpkin… remember?), it was SO good when combined with the cream cheese!
The best part about this dessert is how quick and easy it is. It comes together in 10 minutes! In one bowl, make the pudding – it’s set in just 5 minutes. And in another, blend together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and milk.
Then all you have to do is layer it! I found these cute mini trifle dishes to put it in, but any ol’ cup would do the trick.
We topped ours off with some glazed pecans and a sprinkling of cinnamon. You could make your own candied nuts, but I just bought a bag of them from the holiday baking section at my grocery store. This 8-month-pregnant lady will always go for the lazy option 🙂
I was able to fill 3 mini trifle dishes with this recipe, but they were pretty big. There was certainly no way one of the kids would be able to eat a whole one. So if you’ve got a big appetite, I’d say this makes 3 servings. Otherwise, it could probably serve 4-6!
- Pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 2 cups + 2 Tbs milk, divided
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Glazed pecans, chopped (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Make pudding according to directions - by whisking pudding mix into 2 cups of cold milk for 2 minutes. Set aside for a few minutes to let it set-up.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tbs milk.
- Layer parfaits is a mini trifle dish or cup, alternating between pumpkin pudding and cream cheese mixture.
- Optional: top with glazed pecans and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately!
Craving more pumpkin? Check out my roundup of over 40 different recipes!